I am patiently waiting for the weather to let up again so I can paint THE rock :). I had been gifted this rock last year, and have made it a "thing" to decorate for the holidays or special occasions. When I mean "gifted" I mean, my neighbor yelled at me and asked if I wanted the 300 lb boulder on her lawn. I laughed, she laughed, my boyfriend didn't laugh. He ended up rolling the rock down the sidewalk for 2 houses. He plopped it in the middle by my tree, and it sat there for awhile. Eventually I was given an ultimatum and I had to find a home for it. Just an FYI 2019 was my outdoor makeover. I can't wait to post all the pictures when the flowers fully erupt!
If you wanted to do this just some quick tips:
1. Scrub the rock to get all the dirt off
2. I used painters tape to tape off a oval - (still had overspray .. and painted my mulch, so be mindful of things around the rock)
3. Use white spray paint - (I used Rustoleum)
4. Choose outdoor paint for your "mural" - (I used FolkArt outdoor paint)
5. Get yourself a paint brush kit - (This is just the one I bought.. mostly for the larger brushes)
6. Get yourself a painters palette
7. Find your design and get painting! I found it easier to "practice" and "draft"on paper first!
8. After painting, seal it with clear coat spray paint. Please note that the paint DOES wear off due to weather, I think my rock made it a few months (the 296 - in the summer).
9. Stand back and take pictures ;) I'd love to see some others.
Thanks for reading!